2017 was definitely the year of the MONOTONE aso-ebi! This was literally the best aso-ebi frenzy year, thanks to celebrity weddings like Labisi Folawiyo and Sijuwade, Toke Makinwa’s baby sister, Busayo, The Sole Experience and of course the wedding of the year, #BAAD2017 (Banky W and Adesua Etomi), we had to do aso-ebi posts for these weddings and guess what, guest came out in their numbers to SLAYYYYY!!!
Getting married this year? Need color ideas for your ladies & gentlemen? Look no further, because today we have curated some of the most unique aso-ebi color combo, in fabulous styles and stunning fabrics out there.
Check them out and be inspired!
- MARSALA, WINE, BURGUNDY – Marsala, wine, burgundy whatever you decide to call it was Pantone color of the year 2015, which became really popular in 2016, up until now. According to Pantone, the colour is impactful, full-bodied qualities of Marsala make for an elegant, grounded statement color when used on its own or as a strong accent to many other colors. Marsala’s plush characteristics are enhanced when the color is applied to textured surfaces, making it an ideal choice for rugs and upholstered living room furniture. You’d agree looking at these photos below, that these colour is perfect for every and any skin tone, it’s beautiful, unique and all round classy.
2. RED – Red is a classic, sophisticated choice for wedding color. It really can be used just about any time of year. And it’s a rather easy combination to work with other colours. For example, there are lots of flower choices in red … roses, mums, tulips, and poppies to name a few. I did two collages in this popular combination.
3. MINT, SEA GREEN, TURQUOISE & TEAL – These shades of green are cool (no pun intended) colors that beautifully soften into the kind of cool, luxe shades that a crisp, spring wedding deserves. Whether you combine the hues in a playful aso-ebi fabrics, or pair with matching glee, the color combo is fresh, modern, and perfect for your big day.
4. YELLOW – If you’re getting married in the summer and are looking for a bright, happy colour to theme your wedding around, then consider yellow. All your aso-ebi ladies will thank you for this. Yellow is vibrant and happy and looks great on any skin tone.
4. PINK – Pinks are so pretty and feminine, either as hot pink, fuchsia pink, magenta or anything else, theirs a pink for every skin shade. Check these new below, be inspired!
5. PURPLE, LAVENDER, PLUM & LILAC – Purple is one of the most popular wedding colors of all time. Purple is one of the most popular wedding colors of all time,that it can stand on its own if you want to make it all purple (Monotone)! Purple is one of the most regal wedding colors for ceremonies and receptions. There is something about this elegant hue that brings in great energy and provides a cool, relaxed atmosphere. If you’re a purple lover, you’ll definitely want to pull inspiration from these gorgeous aso-ebi ideas. Enjoy!
6. PEACH, SALMON, CORAL – Peach, Salmon and Coral are quickly becoming some of the most popular wedding colours for summer wedding.
7. GREEN –